The City of Dana Point has 28 parks and over 11 miles of pedestrian and multi-use trails for its residents to enjoy. All parks and trails are open to the public between the hours of 6:00 am and 10:00 pm unless otherwise posted. When visiting our parks and trails, please be sure adhere to the following regulations:
- Parks are open daily between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Keep the park clean by depositing trash in the designated trash containers.
- Fires are only allowed in BBQ’s and fire pits.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Defacing, damaging, or removal of any City equipment or property is prohibited.
- Pets are allowed, on leash only, and responsible individuals must immediately clean up fecal matter deposited by their pet. Pets are not allowed on the Headlands Trail.
- Motorized vehicle operation in designated areas only.
- Skateboarding is prohibited.
- No generators bounce houses or similar items causing noise.
Special usage of parks for weddings and large events, permits are required. Please call (949) 248-3512 or email DyAnne Weamire at DWeamire@danapoint.org for assistance. For information on renting a park, please call (949) 248-3534 or email Holly Martino at HMartino@danapoint.org.
For a PDF of all park locations and amenities click here.
Click the image below to view a full size map of our parks and trail system.
Parks & Trails
Click the links below for for more information about each individual park and hiking trail.
11. Dana Woods Park
12. Del Obispo Park
15. Heritage Park
17. La Plaza Park
18. Lantern Bay Park
23. Pines Park
26. Not Used
28. Sea Canyon Park
30. Sea View Park
31. Shipwreck Park
33. Sunset Park
35. Thunderbird Park
For more information about the parks and trails within the City of Dana Point please contact Al Jacobo at (949) 248-3555 or email at AJacobo@danapoint.org.