The Parks Division is responsible for the maintenance of 28 beautiful parks, that provide safe, clean and attractive facilities for the citizens of Dana Point. There are 82 acres of developed park land with approximately 3,000 trees, 6 outdoor restroom buildings, 10 playgrounds, 5 dog fun zones and 18 parks with security lighting. The Division is also responsible for maintaining the 30.5 acres of publicly owned landscaped medians and right-of-way trees. A total of 8,400 City trees are trimmed biannually, in accordance with the standards of the International Society of Arboriculture.
PARKS GALLERY & AMENITIES
For a listing of City parks, including photos, locations, amenities and individual directions to each park please visit our Parks & Trails page. We also offer a one page map of the park locations and amenities. If you would like to download this map click here. For a complete listing of park regulations click here.
PARK USAGE INFORMATION
For events with 30 people or less, you are welcome to utilize the City's parks without charge or reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis (alcohol prohibited). For events with more than 30 people, or if you are having a wedding ceremony, memorial service, large group picnic or gathering, you are required to rent the park. Please see the Park Rentals section or call (949) 248-3530 for further information.
When enjoying one of the City’s parks, please adhere to the regulations listed below. For a complete list of regulations click here.
- Parks are open daily between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Keep the park clean by depositing trash in the designated trash containers.
- Fires are only allowed in BBQ’s and fire pits.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Defacing, damaging, or removal of any City equipment or property is prohibited.
- Pets are allowed, on leash only, and responsible individuals must immediately clean up fecal matter deposited by their pet, except on the Headlands Trails.
- Motorized vehicle operation in designated areas only.
- Skateboarding is prohibited.
- No generators bounce houses or similar items causing noise.
- For special usage of the parks for weddings and large events, permits are required. For information on renting a park, please call (949) 248-3530.
For events with 30 people or less, you are welcome to utilize the City's parks without charge or reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis (alcohol prohibited). For events with more than 30 people, or if you are having a wedding ceremony, memorial service, large group picnic or gathering, you are required to rent the park. Please click the following links for park rental information and the fee schedule. For more information on ocean view parks available for weddings click here. To check the availability of a park, please call (949) 248-3530 or email Holly Martino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREE TRIMMING AND REMOVAL
The Parks Division is responsible for the maintenance of the City’s 8,400 trees. City trees are typically trimmed once every two to three years. However, residents may request a trimming at any time. It is important to remember that residents may not trim or remove a City tree without a City permit. All requests for trimming, tree removal or tree planting should be directed to the Parks Superintendent at (949) 248-3555, or email@example.com.
AFTER HOURS TREE EMERGENCY
In the event of an emergency when City Hall is closed, please call 1-866-LIMB DOWN.