Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these out every day.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check in.
- Write a letter, or send a special card to a friend.
- Video Chat (Zoom, FaceTime, Skype)
- Support a local restaurant – Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders please click here.
- Volunteer – There are many opportunities to volunteer to help those in our community please click here.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media.Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly get plenty of sleep and make time to unwind.
- Connect with others.Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.