Work without Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City often receives complaints for construction work occurring without proper building, planning and/or engineering permits. These complaints can occur for both residential and commercial buildings. The Code Enforcement Officer will conduct an inspection of the property to determine if permits have been pulled and are posted and/or the work that is occurring is within the scope of the applied for permits. If there are no permits on file or at the job site a Code Enforcement Officer will issue a Stop Work notice. The Stop Work notice will advise the property owner to submit plans by a hired professional and obtain the proper City permits for the work being completed.

To report construction work that appears to have proper City Building, Planning or Engineering permits please submit a complaint to our Code Division by using the Report 2 Dana Point Mobile Application or online via the Report 2 Dana Point weblink.