The Permit Center is responsible for processing and issuing construction permits (including building, combination, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool & spa, and solar permits) as well as certificates of occupancy. We also provide project coordination with other city departments and building code information services to the public. The Permit Center manages and archives permit records and construction documents for use by the general public.
Development Allocation Hours:
Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Fridays 7:30 AM through 3:30 PM
Over-the-Counter Plan Review:
Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM or by appointment.
Friday over the counter plan review is not available.
To better serve our customers we request that all applications be approved by all departments prior to 5:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays and by 4:00 PM on Fridays.
Applications that are not completed and approved prior to the times indicated above will be processed the next business day.
For minimum Plan Submittal Requirements see Plan Submittal Requirements.
- New Building Permit Application
- Building Valuation Table
- Building Schedule of Service Fees - Effective October 1, 2019
- Building Fee Resolution
- Strong Motion Program (SMIP)
- Green Building Fee
- Capistrano Unified Developer Fees
- Outside Agency Resource/Contact List
- Plan Submittal Requirements
- Resolution for Work Without Permit
- C&D Deposit Program
The Valuation table is a guide to determining the value of the improvement/project. Other factors maybe used in The Building Officials final determination of the valuation. Valuation will be determined dependent on the scope of project reflected on the plans at the time of plan review and permit issuance.
The City of Dana Point does not accept letters of authorization or any other form of authorization other than the approved Contractor or Owner Proxy Forms. The signatures on the licenses and permits applications will be expected to match. A letter, notarized letter or other non-official authorization is not an acceptable form of authorization.
The carrier of the permit application and proxy form must provide a legible copy of:
• The contractor's or owner's driver's license or other approved identification; and
• A copy of the front and back of the signed contractor's state license card; and, if applicable
• A copy of the incorporation papers indicating the authorized person(s) and their proof of identification.
If Worker's Compensation Policy is shown expired on the CSLB website, an updated policy is required directly from the issuing agency.