Richard A. Viczorek - Mayor
Rick was first elected to the Dana Point City Council on November 4, 2014 and served as the City's Mayor in 2018. Rick was re-elected to the City Council for a second term on November 6, 2018 and is currently serving his second term as Mayor.
Rick graduated from UCLA with a degree in Political Science and earned his law degree from Santa Clara University School of Law. After several years as an attorney in private practice, Rick joined the United States Marine Corps, and served two tours on active duty.
Rick then went into the United States Marine Corps Reserve, where he continues to serve today at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He has been mobilized three times and deployed once to Iraq.
After his last mobilization, Rick relocated to Dana Point and works as an attorney.
- Representative, Age Well Senior Services
- Director, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority
- Representative, City Selection Committee County of Orange- Clerk of the Board
- Representative, League of California Cities
- Trustee, Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control District
- Director, San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency
- Representative, South Orange County Association of Mayors
- Alternate Director, Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency
- Council Representative, Disaster Council
- Council Representative, Financial Review Committee