Be a Good Samaritan
"Citizens Helping Citizens in Crisis"
Trauma Intervention Programs, Inc. (TIP) is looking for caring people willing to be part of a team of citizen volunteers trained to provide emotional and practical support to the victims of traumatic events. No experience is necessary. These modern-day Good Samaritans will be called to emergency scenes by emergency response personnel to:
- Comfort families after the death or sudden illness of a loved one.
- Support family members after the suicide of a loved one.
- Help emotionally traumatized victims of accidents.
- Provide emotional and practical support to those who have been robbed, burglarized, or assaulted.
- Help disoriented older persons.
- Help those emotionally shaken by any crisis event.
- No One Dies Alone Program.
Right now, we are in the process of recruiting volunteers to work in your area! We need citizens willing to be trained as crisis responders in Orange County. No experience is necessary.
"To be able to help someone in a time of crisis is the greatest feeling in the world. You just can't imagine how warm you feel in your heart when you hear a victime say, Thank you."...TIP Volunteer
WINTER 2013 TRAINING CURRICULUM
- Thursday, February 21 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday, February 22 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday, February 23 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, February 24 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 26 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Thursday, February 28 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday, March 1 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday, March 2 9:00 am - 5:00pm (Last day of training)
- March 3 - June 3 90 days of practical, In-field training with a Veteran Volunteer
- Tuesday, June 4 7:00 pm - Graduation
Bilingual Volunteers Needed!!
Three ways to register:
- Online: www.TIPOrangeCounty.org/becomeavolunteer.html
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 714-420-0875