In order to protect and preserve our precious beaches and ocean, we all have to do our part! The following brochures outline the requirements and provide tips (aka Best Management Practices or (BMPs)) that can be implemented for common business activities so that they are conducted in compliance with the regulations while keeping our oceans clean. Please note that illegal discharges are subject to enforcement actions, including fines.
• Tips for the Automotive Industry
• A Guide for Food Service Facilities
• BMPs for Mobile Detailers
• Proper Maintenance Practices for Your Business
• Tips for Landscape & Gardening
• Tips for Projects Using Paint
• Ocean Begins at Your Front Door
• Construction BMPs
• Consejos para la Industria Automotriz
• Una Guía para Establecimientos de Comida
• Prácticas Apropiadas de Mantenimiento para Tu Negocio
• Consejos para el Cuidado del Jardín
• Sugerencias para Trabajos de Pintura
• El Océano Empieza en la Puerta de su casa
NEW! Water Quality Requirements for Landscape Irrigation (PDF)
Routine compliance inspections will be conducted at businesses within the City that conduct certain activities, as prescribed by the City’s MS4 NPDES Permit. Courtesy site visits are available to assist you in ensuring that your activities are being conducted in compliance with the regulations. The City is committed to partnering with our businesses to protect the natural resources that drive our economy. Please contact the City’s Water Quality Engineer at 949-248-3584 to schedule a visit.
Additional BMP fact sheets for commercial and industrial facilities are available from the California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) website at www.caBMPhandbooks.com (double click on the handbook for Industrial and Commercial).