- Transportation Permit Handout (PDF)
- Fee Schedule for Public Property Use Permits
- Search City Municipal Codes
Engineering Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
When is a Transportation Permit Required?
A Transportation Permit is required when either:
- An excess of five thousand (5,000) cubic yards of earth per project site is moved on public roadways per City Code 8.01.280 or
- A non-exempt vehicle exceeding a maximum gross weight of 10,000 pounds is operating on Non-Restricted Streets whereby a Haul Route is required.
How do I get a Transportation Permit?
Please submit a completed Transportation Permit Application included in the Transportation Permit Handout (PDF), which also contains a detailed list of all other actions and documents required for initial submittal to the Engineering Division. As with all other permits issued by Engineering, Planning Authorization is required before Engineering can accept any permit submittal as indicated on the permit application.
Related Fees and Deposits
There are no administrative fees for Transportation Permits however there is a charge of $74.00 charge for a Single Trip Permit and a $123.00 charge for an Annual Permit. See the Fee Schedule.
What other documents do I need?
Besides those items listed in the Transportation Permit Handout (PDF), Public Works Engineering will:
- Help the applicant establish a Haul Route
- Identify special permit conditions as deemed necessary
For preferred standards, click on the link to search City Codes.
Most of the permit processes are best handled at the Engineering Division Counter. However, you may contact Engineers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (949) 248-3592.