In an emergency, response resources will be stretched thin.
CERT is a nationally-recognized, positive, and realistic approach to emergency and disaster situations where citizens may initially be on their own and their actions can make a difference. While people will respond to others in need without this training, one goal of the CERT program is to help them do so effectively and efficiently without placing themselves in unnecessary danger. In the CERT training, citizens learn to:
- Manage utilities and extinguish small fires
- Treat three medical killers by opening airways, controlling bleeding, and treating for shock
- Understand disaster psychology
- Provide basic medical aid
- Search for and rescue victims safely
CERT training is a challenging program that takes place over several days. Each day is packed full of training and information. Please see the CERT schedule for class times and location. You must attend all classes to become certified as CERT trained.
When is the next class?
There is not currently a class scheduled. To learn more please call (949) 248-3579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.