August 6, 2017
Sea Terrace Park
10:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Equipment Exhibits, Emergency Information, and Giveaways
This year we are combining two other excellent events with the Expo, National Night Out and one of our Summer Concerts to promote emergency preparedness to a larger and more diverse crowd. As our Expo is known for emergency preparedness, National Night Out is an event celebrated across the country to help promote our police-neighborhood partnerships and an opportunity to bring members of our community together.
This wonderful event will be held Sunday, August 6th, 2017 starting at 10:30 am in Sea Terrace Park.
Together with our summer concert series, attendees will enjoy an all-day event which includes large equipment displays by the Orange County Fire Authority and the Orange County Sheriff’s Department provide including specialty response units such as SWAT, Bomb Squad, K9 and Bloodhounds, boats and helicopters. The majority of vehicles and equipment are available for the public to sit in and explore.
CHOC Children’s Hospital will be showing some simple first aid measures that can be used in a disaster and a fun challenge for compression only CPR.
Live entertainment will be provided by Redneck Rodeo The Outlaws of Honky Tonk Tribute and SMITH after the Expo during the concert. We will have four food trucks on hand for you to buy lunch or dinner from.
The entire event is FREE for all to attend!
Participating organizations include:
- CHOC Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Orange County Sheriff's Department
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Dana Point Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Tri-Cities RACES amateur
- National Weather Service
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Care Ambulance
- Orange County Vector Control District
- OC Lifeguards
- Numerous emergency/safety equipment vendors
- Food Trucks. ...and many more
The Dana Point Emergency Preparedness Expo is perfect for the whole family:
- Receive important emergency information from first responders and others
- Take pictures with emergency vehicles
- See equipment that responds to emergencies of all types in the community
For more information, please call (949) 248-3579 or email email@example.com.