Illegal Housing Units

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Illegal Occupancy

Using any building, or a portion of any building for living, sleeping, cooking, or dining is permitted only when it was built and approved for that purpose.

Complaints may be filed with the Code Enforcement Division by the following methods:

Online - Submit a Request for Service online via QAlert: QAlert

Mail - You may download the complaint form or submit a letter out lining the violation and mail to:

The City of Dana Point
Community Development, Code Enforcement Division
33282 Golden Lantern, Suite 209
Dana Point, Ca 92629-1805

Telephone - Please call the Code Enforcement Hotline at (949) 248-3573

Please leave the following information:

  1. Identify the specific complaint or nuisance.
  2. Give your name, address, and telephone number.  There may be times when the Code Enforcement Officer will need additional information. (This information is essential and is kept confidential).
  3. Give the location of the problem, street name, and house number.  If address is unknown, give location of property (i.e. northwest corner of Golden Lantern and Coast Highway).
  4. Give specific description of complaint (i.e. description of vehicle, license plate number, type of debris, etc.).