Home Operated Businesses
You may operate a business out of your home if it is an "office" type business. The following performance and development standards shall apply to the establishment and operation of a permitted home occupation:
- The residence in which a home occupation is conducted shall not display any indication of a business.
- Only persons residing in the residence shall be involved in the business; no outside employees shall be permitted.
- No more than one room of the residence shall be used for business purposes. Required garages shall not be used for the business in any manner, including storage of materials, and no portion of the business shall be conducted out of doors.
- The business shall generate no more than 10 vehicle trips per day.
- Permitted business equipment shall be limited to that normally associated with a residential use.
- The business shall not produce any noise, heat, vibration, glare, dust, or odor effects other than those ordinarily associated with a residential use.
- No actual retail sales shall be conducted on the premises other than sales by phone or mail.