Paul N Wyatt - Council Member
Paul was elected to the Dana Point City Council on November 8, 2016.
Paul is a retired engineering executive. During his 40-year career in computer engineering and robotics he helped launch several successful companies. Most recently he served as Vice President of Software Engineering for a company that designed, built and deployed ocean-going robots to monitor the world’s oceans. Previously Paul helped launch and build a solar energy company where as Vice President of Operations he was responsible for remotely operating commercial- and utility-scale solar power plants around the world using systems he developed.
Paul has a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
Paul and his wife have been married for 36 years and have two grown children, a daughter who lives in Aliso Viejo and a son who lives in Portland, Oregon. Paul is frequently seen paddleboarding in the harbor, running at Salt Creek or working as part of the Tall Ships Crew at the Ocean Institute.
- Representative, Community Engagement Panel SONGS/Southern CA Edison
- Representative, Orange County Library Advisory Board; Member Finance and Strategy Committees
- Representative, South Coast Water District
- (Water & Sewer Committee)
- Representative, South OC Watershed Management Area Partners Executive Committee
- Alternate Representative, Age Well Senior Services, Inc.
- Alternate Representative Association of California Cities –Orange County
- Alternate Representative, City Selection Committee
- Representative, League of California Cities
- Representative, Ocean Institute Board of Directors
- Alternate Representative, Orange County Association of Mayors
- Council Representative, Financial Review Committee
- Council Representative, Ocean Water Quality Subcommittee