Paul N Wyatt - Council Member
Paul was elected to the Dana Point City Council on November 8, 2016.
Paul is a retired engineering executive. During his 40-year career in computer engineering and robotics he helped launch several successful companies. Most recently he served as Vice President of Software Engineering for a company that designed, built and deployed ocean-going robots to monitor the world’s oceans. Previously Paul helped launch and build a solar energy company where as Vice President of Operations he was responsible for remotely operating commercial- and utility-scale solar power plants around the world using systems he developed.
Paul has a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
Paul and his wife have been married for 34 years and have two grown children, a daughter who lives in Aliso Viejo and a son who lives in Portland, Oregon. Paul is frequently seen paddleboarding in the harbor, running at Salt Creek or working as part of the Tall Ships Crew at the Ocean Institute.
- Representative, Orange County Library Advisory Board
- Representative, South Coast Water District
(Water & Sewer Committee)
- Representative, South OC Watershed Management
Area Partners Executive Committee
- Director, Ocean Institute
- Alternate Representative, Age Well Senior Services, Inc.
- Alternate Delegate, City Selection Committee County of
Orange - Clerk of the Board
- Alternate Delegate, League of California Cities
- Alternate Representative, South Orange County Association
of Mayors (SOCAM)
- Homeless Task Force
- Ocean Water Quality Subcommittee