Business Watch is a crime prevention program which enlists the active participation of businesses in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime in their communities. Business Watch involves businesses getting to know one another and working together in a program of mutual assistance. Business owners and employees become trained to recognize and report suspicious activities, and can then implement the crime prevention techniques they have learned to ensure security as well as personal safety in their community.
Why Business Watch?
- There can’t be a deputy on every corner, so citizen involvement is essential to combat crime
- You and your fellow merchants are the ones who really know what is going on in your community
- By cooperating with other businesses and Police Services, you can help fight crime in the neighborhood
- Business Watch members are provided with stickers that are placed in their windows, warning criminals that they are an active Business Watch Community where merchants are watching out for one another
- You and your employees are offered exclusive invitations to valuable crime prevention trainings on:
Petty Theft Video Surveillance
Employee Theft Alarm Systems
Burglary/Robbery Reporting Suspicious Activity
Identity Theft Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
Check/Credit Card Fraud Scams
Dana Point Police Services has created a checklist for you to help keep your business safe.
In order Police Services to escort an individual off your property, you must submit a letter to them granting that authority. This letter must be updated every 6 months. CLICK HERE for an example.
Most importantly, if you SEE something, SAY something.
For more questions regarding the Business Watch program, please contact
Jill Jackson, Crime Prevention Specialist
Dana Point Police Services
33282 Golden Lantern Ste. 140
Dana Point, CA 92629
Office: (949) 248-3581
Fax: (949) 234-2814